It is no secret that the majority of tourists vacationing in Turkey are Americans. On the Mediterranean coasts, Black, Aegean, and Marmara seas are built comfortable hotels with modern infrastructure. On well-maintained beaches, guests have entertained all tastes.
In Turkey, surfing, yachting, and other extreme sports can be experienced. For those who like to live in the morning, there are restaurants and bars with dance floors. For families with children, the country offers water parks, dolphinariums, huge entertainment centers, playgrounds, etc.
Always keep travel insurance with you during your trip. It is impossible to foresee all the circumstances in which the tourist will be during the day. Having a policy makes you feel more confident and secure.
Why you need insurance in Turkey?
The voluntary health insurance contract for those traveling abroad provides full advice to the insured person in the document’s cases. Dispatchers of the insurance company’s service around the clock receive calls and messages from tourists, direct their actions, and choose clinics. In the absence of travel insurance, doctors and interpreters will have to be searched for on their own in an emergency.
The policy will also avoid the high costs of treatment. The insurance company will pay the emergency bills or compensate for the losses incurred as part of the contract. This is important, as foreign nationals’ service in Turkish clinics is carried out only on a paid basis. Prices for treatment are close to European. The recovery cost from conventional food poisoning repeatedly outweighs the cost of insurance to travel to Turkey.
What will the insurance cover in Turkey?
According to international requirements, the policy in basic content covers the following risks:
- Transportation to the clinic
- Outpatient emergency treatment;
- Inpatient treatment in case of a threat to life;
- Emergency dentistry;
- Evacuation of the tourist to his homeland for health reasons;
- Repatriation under tragic circumstances.
The contract and the Insurance Regulations detail insurance cases and conditions for compensating costs for each risk. We recommend you read this information carefully.
Extended insurance to Turkey
In practice, for a quiet holiday in Turkey, tourists add additional options to the policy’s basic filling.
Cancellation of the trip. Even carefully planned vacation sometimes has to be postponed or even canceled. This often happens for reasons beyond the tourist’s control: due to illness, injury, participation in court, etc., travel insurance compensates for the cost of paid tickets and hotel room reservations within the amount of coverage if the trip had to be abandoned due to unforeseen circumstances.
Loss or delay of luggage. The option covers the risk of losing luggage due to the carrier’s fault. Compensation is also provided in the event of a travel delay. This option is especially relevant when flying.
Active rest and sports. If your holiday is not limited to walks around the hotel, we recommend including the risk in the insurance contract. The option covers the treatment of injuries sustained during yachting, diving, surfing, and other sports. It is necessary for both amateurs and professionals.
Civil liability to third parties. While vacationing abroad, you can accidentally injure another person or damage someone else’s property. Insurance with the option “Civil Responsibility” compensates the victims by court order.
Pay attention to insurance cases and restrictions on each risk. They are detailed in the contract and the Insurance Regulations. The insurance company’s amount of financial liability is limited by the amount of coverage specified in the policy.
What to fear in Turkey?
When it comes to danger, it is very often the first thing to talk about infections. Before you go to Turkey, you should get vaccinated, which you can consult with your doctor. The visit to it should be made 6-8 weeks before departure. As after vaccination, it should take time to form an immune response.
The second danger is poisonous snakes. In the resort area, they are seen very rarely, but you can meet a viper or other reptile on excursions. If you find an animal, try to avoid it. Do not try to get closer. Consider or photograph. Health is more expensive than a few interesting frames.
The third thing to be feared is the abundance of food and the change in water quality. Some travelers may suffer from indigestion, mild food poisoning, and bowel disorders in the first days after arrival. Try to limit yourself during buffet lunches and dinners. Drink only filtered or bottled water. Always wash your hands before eating. These simple rules can help keep your stomach running normally.
Another dangerous factor is the climate. The resort area is hot and dry. In the summer, solar activity is very high. Long stays on the beach often end with burns, heatstroke, and dehydration. Make sure you always have enough drinking water. Try not to be in the open sun during the hottest hours so that rest at the seaside does not become a conclusion in the walls of the hotel with temperature and anti-burn ointments.
What not to do in Turkey?
It is not enough to know about the dangers and avoid harmful factors. It is also necessary to remember the elementary rules of conduct in a foreign country.
- Don’t self-medicate. If there were serious health problems, high fever, do not try to be treated with decoctions of herbs, pills, and other means without a doctor’s appointment. Contact your insurance company’s service immediately and ask for help. Specialists will send you to the clinic or call a doctor, and explain what documents you need to take with you.
- Follow the security requirements. Read instructions on the use of the pool, and rides. Going to the sea under sail or on a bus tour, listen carefully to the guide, who should talk about safe behavior rules on transport. Violation of basic requirements can deprive the support of the insurance company.
- Don’t abuse alcohol. Alcohol is a common cause of injuries, illnesses, lawsuits, and other troubles. It is strongly recommended to limit the amount of alcohol while vacationing in a foreign country. Injuries and diseases received in a state of intoxication, the tourist will have to treat at his own expense. Health insurance does not apply to such cases.
What to do when an insurance case occurs?
If there is an insurance case during the holiday, do not panic. Calmly and clearly act on the algorithm:
- Contact the service center operator in any way you can.
- Give the number and expiration of the insurance policy, the location, and the essence of the case;
- Strictly follow the instructions of a service company specialist. If the emergency is insurance and is listed in the contract for health insurance traveling abroad, the operator will help to choose a medical institution that will provide services by the options marked in the insurance;
- If you have made an insurance case, keep supporting financial documents. They will need to be submitted to the offices of AlphaInsurance within 30 days;
- AlphaInsurance will compensate for the losses incurred by the insurance contract.
How much insurance costs to Turkey?
The cost of the policy is calculated individually. It depends on the following factors.
- The age of the tourist. The price of the policy per child, older adult, and adult will be different.
- Risky filing. You can buy a variety of insurance programs, from Economy to Premium. The wider the coverage of the policy, the more confident you can feel in a foreign country.
- The amount of insurance coverage. It is within the limits of payments under the insurance contract. The minimum of $30,000 can be increased to $100,000.
- Travel period. Insurance must include the date of entry and exit. The cost is calculated by the number of days.
Where to buy insurance in Turkey?
You can apply for a policy going abroad online on the website of AlphaInsurance. To buy insurance in Turkey, take a few simple steps:
- Provide travel dates in the proposed form.
- Enter the date of birth of the tourist;
- Choose the “Sports and Active Holidays” option if you have big vacation plans.
- Mark the insurance program that is most convenient for you or add individual options to your contract.
- Provide communication data: phone number and email address
- Pay for the policy conveniently.
The document will be delivered by e-mail. You do not need to come to the office. Please print out the insurance and carry it with you during the journey. For online insurance, call the hotline at 8-800-333-0-999.