Ireland is a northern country rich in unique nature, cool climate, castles from the Middle Ages, centuries-old historical culture, and original cuisine. Tourists come here to learn English, history, ancient architecture, attend mass cultural events and play sports. Since the excursion program is often rich and active, take care of health insurance in advance so that everything is in time and do not miss anything.
Do you need insurance to Travel to Ireland?
First, the insurance is provided by a decree of the EU authorities (the document has been in force since 2003).
Secondly, it is necessary to obtain a visa.
Requirements of the host consulate:
- It covers all-time in Ireland;
- The amount of risk coverage is at least 30,000 euros;
- The franchise is not allowed.
At AlphaInsurance, you can quickly and conveniently take out health insurance to travel to Ireland that meets international standards. You will be offered several insurance programs: from “economy,” which includes only the most necessary, to “premium” with many additional options.
What does basic insurance cover?
- Emergency medical care;
- Purchase of medicines prescribed by a doctor;
- Emergency care for acute toothache;
- The cost of telephone conversations with the service center operator;
- Transportation to the homeland;
- Repatriation of the deceased traveler.
The insurance company will pay for the cost of treating injuries, including those received while climbing mountains, surfing, traveling through the woods, ruins of castles and fortresses if you include additional options in the policy.
For Ireland, the most important recreational and sports types are horse riding, surfing, diving, fishing, etc. These and many other activities with an increased risk of injury can be found in the insurance programs of AlphaInsurance and, accordingly, included in the insurance, guaranteeing confidence in everything you do in Ireland.
In addition to sports, other risks can cover an expanded insurance policy in Ireland:
- Damage to the health or property of others caused inadvertently by a tourist;
- Legal aid;
- Transportation costs within the reimbursement limit set in the insurance policy;
- Loss and theft of documents;
- Expenses for damage to personal vehicles;
- Cancellation of the trip (illness, death of a relative, subpoenas, etc.);
- Baggage insurance.
What do you do when you have an insurance case?
- Contact the service center operator (contacts are listed in the insurance policy).
- Give your policy number, name, phone number, place where you are at the time of contact.
- Describe the problem in detail.
- Act on the operator’s instructions.
- Keep checks, bills, referrals/opinions of doctors to provide the Insurer’s financial department with supporting documentation of expenses for receiving insurance payment upon return home.
If you have an Internet or cellular network, you can quickly and conveniently inform the insurance company about the upcoming insurance case with the mobile application’s SOS button.
Price of insurance for travel to Ireland
The cost of the policy can be found with an online calculator. Enter the following information in the relevant fields:
- Start and end dates
- Your age
- Policy type (single and multiple);
- Active types of rest (optional).
The calculator will give results on all insurance programs of the company:
- Economy (B) is just the most necessary.
- Classic (C) is a basic policy, usually issued and for obtaining a visa.
- Auto (D) if you are going on a journey by car.
- Premium (E) is all-inclusive—maximum extended insurance.
- Travel on/off is a service for tourists who often travel and want to buy insurance only for real trips.
To get the final cost, supplement the policy with options, taking into account the personal wishes and recommendations of the Insurer.
How to buy insurance to travel to Ireland?
You can apply for and buy the policy on the website. Include the data of the insurer and insured persons in the graphs:
- Personal (name, passport, gender, and date of birth);
- Contact (phone, e-mail).
You can pay for insurance in any convenient way. A policy will come to your email address. You can print it out or save it on your mobile phone.
You can always contact the nearest office of the company for clarification or help. Consultants work around the clock. Travelling in Ireland with an AlphaInsurance insurance policy, you can be sure of your safety and security.