Switzerland is a country that attracts tourists with luxury hotels, cozy cities, beautiful lakes, and mountains. But for the trip, you need to collect several documents, one of which is an insurance policy, which is indispensable for any traveler. Insurance in Switzerland will help to solve many emergencies in a foreign country on time. Cancellation of the trip, loss of luggage, accident or illness can overtake the tourist completely unexpectedly. With international travel insurance, you will be compensated for the damage and provided with the necessary medical care.
Still unsure whether health insurance is needed in Switzerland? Find out the answer to this question right now.
Why do you need an insurance policy?
Insurance for a visa to Switzerland is included in the list of submitted documents to the consulate. Whatever the purpose of the trip (tourism, rest, business trip, visit or participate in sporting events), the policy must be issued for the duration of the stay in the Schengen area. If it is not available, the rest of the package is not accepted.
Key insurance requirements in Switzerland
To issue an insurance contract, you need to pinpoint the purpose of your stay in Switzerland. For short-term travel, the necessary conditions for obtaining insurance are:
- Coverage area – Schengen area;
- The duration of the insurance is the entire period of stay in the Schengen area;
- Lack of franchise.
If a tourist plans to play sports or actively relax, he should buy an insurance policy with a list of appropriate additional risks. This will increase insurance costs, but the probability of a non-insurance case will be much lower. And the tourist will not have to worry about the fact that he will not get support in a foreign country at the right time.
When can insurance come in handy?
When travelling to Switzerland, the risks are not excluded:
- Accident, sudden illness, or death – the insurer reimburses medical and transportation costs;
- Cancellation of the trip – insurance will reimburse the costs of tickets, hotel, visa, and other expenses specified in the contract;
- Loss of documents or luggage – the insurer will compensate for the damage associated with it;
- Denial of visa – the policy compensates for the costs of consular collection and visa processing;
- Third-party damage – the insurer compensates for the cost of this risk within the insurance coverage.
Which option to choose?
AlphaInsurance has prepared programs that meet both customers’ desires, travel goals, and financial opportunities:
“Economy” (B). If you want to buy only the most necessary, make this program. It includes medical expenses and transportation, repatriation in death, emergency dental care, transportation costs, payment of urgent messages.
“Classic” (C). This program is chosen by those who want to take into account the optimal list of risks. In addition to the above, it includes additional risks: transportation costs, legal aid, loss, and theft of documents.
“Auto” (D). This program is suitable for travel by car. In addition to the above, it includes the risk of damage to a personal car.
Premium (E). For those who want to provide everything, this program is suitable. It also includes risks such as cancellation (except for non-receiving a visa – insurance against this risk can be purchased separately), liability to third parties, as well as baggage insurance.
What should I do if I have an insurance case?
When you’re traveling, don’t forget to take a policy with you, take a picture of it, or write down all your insurance details on your mobile phone. If there is an insurance case, act clearly and quickly.
- Contact the insurance company on one of the phones listed in the policy. Describe the case in detail, provide the number of insurance and answer the operator’s questions.
- Get the specialist’s instructions and act on them.
To determine the exact price of the insurance, choose the type of policy (one- or multiple), enter the dates of birth of all participants of the trip, types of outdoor activities, and click “Calculate the cost.” When you select a program, click “Buy.”